Hotel Colonnade strives to help make a difference in our community and we are commited to taking specific steps to be environmentally aware and socially responsible. The following sustainability efforts help us reduce our negative impact on our environment.
We use an energy management system in all public spaces and light sensors in all meeting rooms. We have converted 95% of our light bulbs to LED and continue to change until we reach 100%.
Recycling waste baskets can be found in all rooms and public spaces. In addition, our cardboard recycling program is in use for all the boxes we receive daily.
We have dual flush, low flow toilets and faucets in every guestroom.
We removed all disposable items from associate use, changed to wood stirrers and paper straws to be only used as needed. Our bathroom toiletries are in bulk refillable dispensers.
For our soap, which is the only individual size amenity, we participate in Clean The World which collects used toiletries to then recycle them to help those in need.
We offer a linen reuse program to all guests in order to reduce water and energy waste.
Eco-Friendly Filtered Water Dispensers
We have filtered water bottle filling stations in all public spaces to minimize the use of plastic water bottles.
Shared Interest With Our Owners, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust
- 63% of our properties have a sustainability coordinator or green champion
- 80% of our properties have meeting rooms with digital thermostats
- 98% of our properties have a preventative maintenance plan that checks building energy and water equipment at least quarterly
- 61% of our properties have a water efficiency program
- 94% of our properties have faucets with low-flow aerators to conserve water
- 48% of our properties have eliminated single-use plastics (or reduced to an absolute minimum) from the property
- 74% of our properties have eliminated plastic straws
- 65% of our properties have implemented a food waste prevention strategy
- Nearly $19 million invested on environmental initiatives
PEB 5-Star Promise Statement
Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (“Pebblebrook”) strongly supports AHLA’s 5-Star Promise. Our pledge to AHLA complements the practices and policies in-place by our company and our hotel operating partners which are designed to ensure that the hotel employees at our more than 50 owned hotels across the United States abide by the law, respect individual’s rights, and do not tolerate sexual harassment of any type at our properties. We have dedicated a significant amount of resources to assist our hotel operators with sexual harassment awareness training and avoidance programs, in addition to training and resources to prevent human trafficking. We will continue to engage with our hotel operators to provide the resources to further assist them in ensuring the safety of our hotel employees and our guests. Pebblebrook is committed to funding the purchase of hotel employee safety devices for use at all of our owned hotels by the end of 2020, as well as to provide funding for additional training and education programs on sexual harassment and human trafficking at our corporate level and our hotel properties. Through our pledge to the 5-Star Promise, Pebblebrook intends to contribute to positive, industry-wide improvements to continue to make hotels a safe place for all our employees and guests.